2.April: I haven't been out since last Wednesday. Too many items on the honey-do list needed to be addressed. But I spent a couple of hours behind Bart's this afternoon. Arrived about 1:30 pm, Radio was talking with Xavier. After greetings, and some 411 (not much), Xavier left to let the dog out, and I put my arm in a cast with Radio. A few more people stopped by to chat, rather than cast, but eventually Bill C showed up, and joined us on the bank. Xavier returned, and Hunter and a buddy stopped by shortly before I left at 3:30 pm.

While the sun was nice, the wind was blustering down from up river, and cold. The water was up about 1.5'-2' over last Wednesday, clear, calm, and not much current. Surface temp was ~46ºF. The wind made it tough to cast at times. Not a bite, not a nibble, just skunk No fish today.

Terminal tackle: 5/8 oz drail, probably should have bumped up to 3/4 oz, but with the lack of current I was able to find the bottom most of the time. I trimmed the leader back to 2' due to the wind, and shallow back-cast, 10# flouro, with a white, hammered silver willow, emblazoned with a St. George's Cross.

Maybe tomorrow. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"