Friday-Monday, 7-10.April: I did not fish behind Bart's. In fact, I didn't even get out on Saturday and Sunday with all the Easter preps, and dinner. As reported by cat_in_the_hat, the water was just too high. Notably, there was also little current, and surface temps were in the mid to upper 40sºF. Very few anglers, and not much dangling due to conditions.

11.April: arrived behind Bart's just after 4:pm to find that the water level fell about 2' from yesterday. It was a little turbid, but mostly clear, with little floatsam. Still very little current, and temp ~52ºF. Due to the sunny and mild, mid-70ºF weather, I saw the largest crowd I've seen on the bank to date, from 6 to 10 at different times throughout the 2 hours I had my arm in a cast. By the time I left a little after 6:pm, nobody had gotten anything but a few snags. Rumors of shad were reported, mostly early in the day. Dylan reports he caught one just after dawn this morning before he went to school.

I switched tackle up a bit today. I started with the U/L set up I've been using, but switched for a while to my 6' one-piece Ugly Stik Elite, mated to a Penn 4400SS spooled with 15# Power Pro. Terminal tackle: 1.5 oz drail over 2.5' flouro leader, and hammered silver willow leaf in chartreuse/blue and white with red and green dots (I think Bill C calls it his traffic light pattern).

No fish today, but it was really good to get out for a couple of hours. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"