Late report--Tuesday, 18.Apr: Arrived at Bart's ~4:15 pm. Only Bill C was working the rock pile, and he had a couple of shad on a stringer. He had been there since 10:am, the man puts in his time! The wind was cold, sweeping down from up-river, a bit uncomfortable. The water was down ~1' from Monday, clear, with little current, surface temp. a "RCH" (thin hair) over 60ºF. By the time Bill left ~6:45 pm, he had added another shad to his stringer, and Dylan had joined me taking casting practice.

And that's what it remained, practice. The bite, such as it was, ended with Bill; we got the stinky kitty. skunk
Terminal tackle: 3/4 oz drail over ~3' 10# flouro, and a hammered silver willow in glittered silver with pink, and a black dot, until I lost it, then hammered copper in green/orange w/black dot, and finally one of Bill's stoplight/traffic light patterns on hammered silver. No fish today.

And today, 19.Apr: Arrived at Bart's ~4:40 pm, Bill C and 5 others were working the rock pile. Bill had 3 shad on his stringer, but he had been there since noon. The water really had not receded much, if any, from yesterday. It was clear, the current was fairly mild, and the breeze blew down from up-river as it had yesterday, but it wasn't as cold. The surface temp had fallen a couple of degrees, to 58ºF.

By 5:30 there were 9 of us working the rock pile. Hunter fought a nice long, fat roe to the net after a hellacious tussle. She breached at least twice, and once netted proved to be over 21" long, and IIRC weighed 4.5#! She was released, by all accounts to go make more shad. Bill landed another, and had a couple more added to his take for a limit.

We were all packed up, and began to head for home by 6:30. And again, I got the skunk

Terminal tackle: 3/4 oz drail, willows in hammered copper, green/orange with black dot, and Bill's stoplight in hammered silver.

Maybe tomorrow I can get a divorce from the stinky kitty. Tight lines!

Edited by No Fish Today (04/19/23 08:58 PM)

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"