Late report, Thursday, 13.April: I arrived at Bart's 4:15 pm. The afternoon was bright, sunny, and warm, with a nice light breeze. Only 2 folx working the rock pile, and no shad. One reported a few fish were caught earlier, around noon-ish, a bronze back, a schoolie, and a shad. The river was up 1' from yesterday, which floated off some leaf litter, and sticks, but nothing "big". The water was a little turbid, with very little current, and a surface temp just a hair over 60ºF around the rocks that had been baking in the sun all day.

The 2 who preceded me left as I put my arm in a cast, but I wasn't alone for long. Soon enough there were 6 of us settled into a casting cadence. By the time I left at 6:pm, it had remained an exercise in patience, unrewarded. No fish today. However, it was the first REALLY nice day to be out.

Terminal tackle: 3/4 oz drail, over 3'+ of 10' flouro, and the traffic light willow.

I'm not going to make it out this afternoon (Friday, 14 April). Some shopping needs attention, and then I'm going to see Chicago (Transit Authority) at Mohegan Sun. I hope they have kept the horns, and I'm curious to hear some of the newer material. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"