17.April: I arrived behind Bart's at 4:20 pm. Only 3 people were working the bank, Bill C being one of them. And there were scales and blood all around the rocks. Bill had a shad on the rocks slated for his supper, and while I was setting up he landed another. He had caught and released a few more earlier in the afternoon, prior to my arrival. Bill and one of the others left about 4:30, leaving a young guy fishing the hole just upstream from me. The water was about the same level as the other day, maybe down a hair, clear, almost no current, and the temp a touch over 60ºF. Once the other fella left, I was alone for maybe 10 minutes when Dylan showed up around 5-ish.

We put our arms in a cast, but there were no takers. Although Dylan thought he had a couple of bites, but nothing stuck. By 6:pm, I got a rumbly in my tumbly, plausibly due to the pan of lasagna that was sitting in the back of the car, and smelled so good driving to Bart's. So I packed it in and headed for home. No fish today. Dylan planned to stay until 7, and I'm sure he will give me an AAR tomorrow along the lines of "you should have stayed, they started hitting..."

Terminal tackle: 3/4 oz. drail over 3'10# flouro leader, lengthened to 4'. Willows: hammered silver in white w/4 red dots until I lost it, followed by a "Jamaican", and finally glittered silver with pink, and a black dot.

Tomorrow is another day. Tight lines!

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"