5.April: Hey Now, cat_in_the_hat! Good luck tomorrow.
After work today, I arrived behind Bart's about 4:30 pm. Bill C, Dylan and his mother, and Tyler a local kid were already there. Dylan caught his 2nd shad of the year earlier this afternoon, and he reported somebody else landed 2 yesterday. Things seem to be starting to pick up.

The water was down a hair from Monday, clear, with a little current. The surface temp was an even 50ºF. It was a little chilly in the breeze, and threatening rain with the odd drizzle passing through. Three other gentlemen joined us, and at any one moment 3-5 of us were working the bank at once, while a few of the others rested/chatted on the street. Conversation was good, but the shad didn't contribute their $.02. No fish today. By 6 pm my hands were cold, so I rolled up my kit, and skedaddled home for supper.

Tomorrow promises to be a nice, warm day. I'm looking forward to fishing in shirtsleeves! Tight lines!

Terminal tackle: 3/4 oz. drail over 3' 10# flouro tied to a white/blue, smooth silver willow leaf with a black dot.

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"