9.May, 3:30-6:pm, behind Bart's and the RR bridge. There were 6 people working the bank when I got there. As I was unloading my tackle from the car, one guy walked away with a decent size shad, after setting up bankside and getting a couple of casts in, one of the guys to my left landed a nice roe, and right after that, a guy near the bridge to my right landed a decent buck; both were C&R. Shad seemed to come through about every 45 minutes and 1 or 2 were caught, and most released. About 5:30 pm, after watching pretty much everyone else get 1 or 2, I finally got my turn in. I had a solid hookset on a fair to middlin' shad, it was hooked in the side of the mouth at an awkward angle, and it fought outside it's weight class. It gave me 3 good runs before I got it to the net, and I released it after our Kodak moment. A couple more shad were caught to make it 8 observed for the 2.5 hours I was there. All in all, it was a very good day.

The water was about at the same level as it was on Thursday, and fairly clear with only a little flotsam. There was a decent current, which improved as the afternoon wore on, and the surface temp was 59° F.

Terminal tackle: 3/4 oz drail over 3' of 8# flouro, and hammered silver willows in blue/chartreuse w/black dot, safety green w/black dot, and the "reverse ladybug" (white w/several orange dots). The ladybug brought my vitamin shad to the net.

Depending on how much rain we get, and how dirty the river is, I may give Bissell a shot tomorrow after work. Otherwise, Bart's has been treating us pretty well the past week or so, and it won't trouble me to go back there. Tight lines!

Edited by No Fish Today (05/09/21 08:10 PM)

George Darrell ...

I support "PETA",
"People Eating Tasty Animals"