Well, I grew up in Torrington and NewHartford and had a good childhood and it was a nice area to live. Jobs were plentiful and life was good. I left for the Navy in 1986. When I returned in 1995 I was able to find a great defense job at Allied Signal Aerospace in Cheshire. When they closed up shop I worked for a few other electronic mfg co's in this state.
The VA sent me to college from 2001-2005. Since then it has been a struggle here and I had to start my own electronic R&D and MFG business to make enough money to keep my standard of living.
I recently landed several contracts with the DoD and haven't taken much of a pay check in 3 years. CT is slowly dying due to a toxic type of government which gives millions to mega rich corporations for pet projects and leaves everyone else to pay the bill. 700 million for a bus line from New Britain to Hartford. You can't be serious. This state is going to go bankrupt and when they take all the welfare away from the poor there will be riots. Unfortunately we won't be able to defend ourselves because they are going to take all our guns away before they go bankrupt. Taxes fee's and regulations in this state are choking me to death so I made the decision to move. I looked at Newhampshire which is friendly to business and they have a nice "Live free or Die" way of life. But I have decided on the outskirts of the Roanoke Virginia area. I can buy a 3-4 BR newer house for under 180,000 with my own LAND which I could never afford here in CT. I was stationed in Virginia for 6 years and know it well, although it has been about 20 years since I lived there. Most weekends I would head up to the mountains to hunt and fish and absolutely loved it and know I will do much better there and actually be in a State that I love. I love CT too but at this point, I hate it even more. I will be moving in March or April.

Edited by danny k (01/31/13 10:54 AM)

St. Clair River. Port Huron, MI.
#1 Prolific Fishery in North America Bar None!