Just curious to know why there’s what seems like alot of CT hating on this site. Not saying any reasons are wrong just curious to see what makes other areas of the country better than here. My wife and I grew up here and couldn’t be happier. Sure the taxes suck but like everywhere, there’s trade-offs. I’ll start with some positives that we hold in high regard here in CT.
1. Education
- Public primary and secondary education are excellent.
- Public university (UCONN) has some very highly ranked programs.
•school of education, physical therapy, pharmacy, nursing are all nationally ranked just to name a few.

2. Location, location, location
- the coast of course. Personally I’m about a mile away from the salt and love it. Fishing being a favorite hobby of mine, i find that to be a big plus.
- Cape Cod National Seashore. Nuff said.
- Want to see a Broadway show or Madison Square Garden event? A couple hours by car or take the train. Prefer Boston? Same thing, a few hours by car or train. As a matter of fact, my wife fished Misquamicut and swam with our girls at Napatree point one Saturday morning and then saw Billy Joel in NYC that evening. I’m not much into ice fishing but I do like to ski. No problem, a few hours and you’re at Mt.Snow, VT or any dozen ski/board resorts.

3. Cost of living is reasonable. I didn’t say cheap, but reasonable. I have a sister in Northern California and for the same size house as mine, they paid double what I paid. Same thing with my brother in D,C. Housing there for a decent neighborhood is ridiculous. I also have family in Oklahoma and Indiana and property is cheap there, but there’s not much salt water fishing or beaches. Sure there’s the Carolina’s and Florida but how’s the public schools??

Sure the taxes suck here but there’s trade-offs everwhere.

So what reasons do you dislike or like CT? I’m not looking to argue with anyone, be judgemental or throw insults. Just looking to start a conversation that’s all. Happy fall fishing.