Great thread.

Staying is a 2-parter for me:

1. Easy access to a nice quality of life. For a small state, there is a very diverse selection of cities, types of housing, jobs, entertainment, restaurants, big cities (NY & Boston)...and of course...fishing opportunities. \:D Whatever you want, you can find it around here. It may cost you, but it's there.

2. Ties to family and friends

I've thought about a move down south. Still thinking about it. I think I'd miss the ice-fishing too much, though.

I'll be in NC next week visiting my mother. Every time I go, it's both frustrating/appealing to think of what you can get for your money down there.

If I had to pick the biggest negative for our state (especially where I live, in southern Fairfield county), it's the traffic. It effects going to work, going fishing, or going anywhere. I can find a way to deal with every other negative in our state, but I don't see any real solutions being posed to solve the traffic problem. I only see it getting worse and worse every year. It really can take it's toll on you, especially if you commute every day.