I moved to CT because where I live is cheaper then where I am originally from, which is RI. I would think about moving, but my family and friends are in the area.

I have to say something about the DEP...Last year I obtained a seasonal position in Hartford. The people I was fortunate enough to work with in Inland Fisheries were all wonderful people!!! I cannot say it enough. It was a pleasure working among these highly intellingent, caring and genuine people who all have a high level of integrity.

They honestly care about what they do. Being in the vacinity of these DEP employees made me realize the right career path and also made me realize that with passion, one can really make a difference.

I would not be going out of my way to make a positive comment if this was not the truth. The CT DEP is definitely on "our" side. I don't know if anyone was at the regulation hearing about East Twin, Crystal..etc. Quite a few anglers were defensive (with good reason, I'm sure), but in actuality, the purpose of the hearing was for citizens to state their opinion BECAUSE YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO THEM!! They wanted to hear about what you all thought regarding the proposed regulations.

An agency like the DEP is something I would be proud to be part of. I consider us all lucky to have the biologists, env. analysts, directors, asst. directors, and the head of conservation and habitat that we do. Oh, I definitely can't forget about C.A.R.E. ;\)

So a big applause to the CT DEP, you have my highest respect! \:\)

AC6: Boycotting Michael McDonald since 2003