I've lived about half my 49 years in CT, I was born and raised in the North Western Part of the State but have lived in these towns. New Hartford, Torrington, Colebrook, Ansonia, Cromwell and Vernon. There are things I like about CT such as the Fresh and Saltwater fishing and ample public lands to hunt on. But unfortunately CT is not the same state that it once was when I was younger.
But I've also lived in Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Missouri and finally now Michigan.

But I've found my CT replacement for now. As far as the things I love about CTm Michigan, has it all minus the salt in the water. But often on windy days, you get a surf that is every bit of wild as the RI coast on the Lake Huron shore. It even has that familiar marine smell. Plus we have all the shore birds as well. The only thing Michigan doesn't have is Fluke, Stripers and Blues. But I'm more than happy with the replacement of Walleyes for fluke and Lake Trout for Stripers and Chinook for blues. And more public land to hunt than I could ever possibly utilize!
You can buy 20 acres of paradise next to National Forrest Land for 150K with a decent house to boot. When I registered my car it cost me $40 bucks and a 5 minute wait. You can't get that in CT. So I can deal with the snow for now.

Edited by danny k (11/12/17 04:27 PM)

St. Clair River. Port Huron, MI.
#1 Prolific Fishery in North America Bar None!